Thursday, April 7, 2011

FABULOUS FRIDAY WITH KAY SPRINGSTEEN

I'm so pleased to have my wonderful friend and talented author Kay Springsteen here to tell us about her new release from Astraea Press. Welcome, Kay, and congratulations on your new release:) Once again, our great cover artist Elaina Lee has outdone herself. This cover actually tells a story! How did you come up with the title? I had the concept for the story and when I started writing it, I needed a descriptive name to save the files under, so I called it lifeline, since it was about a voice lifeline. After I finished the work, I was just going to leave it Lifeline, but one night I had a dream that I named it Lifeline Echoes, and the title made sense as related to the story, so I kept it. Maybe it was a muse thing.

The title definitely caught my attention. Great job! Same with your book trailer. It's amazing.



How did you come up with the book trailer? I find them hard to make so I kicked around some concepts for a bit. The first list of things I wanted to include was like a mini-synopsis, and probably would have taken 3 minutes. It also wasn't nearly edgy enough. So I started thinking edgy-short, short-edgy...and I realized what's shorter than slides with just a word or two? I hit on the music by accident and it fit. I have always like the trailers with sound effects. And the friend who did the voice over for Heartsight did the "Angel, are you there?" voice over for Lifeline Echoes. That combined with the sound of the heartbeat seemed to put the trailer over the top.

Well, you sure can't tell from watching it that you think they're hard to make. Wonderful job. What's the most rewarding thing about being a published author? When someone writes and tells me how much they loved the story, or that they couldn't put it down...that sweet feeling I get because I know I must have done something right in the telling of the story.

What's the hardest thing about being a published author? Definitely marketing and promotion. I love connecting with people but I'm still so new at being published that it feels like vanity to shout out to people and tell them they'll like my work.

I agree with you on both points! Now for the important stuff.

Elvis or Sinatra?  Hmmm, neither are my style...and both are. So...either Elvis Sinatra or Frank Presley...
Elvis Sinatra! I'm pretty sure that's blasphemy! LOL. You better redeem yourself with the next question. 
Robert Redford or Paul NewmanDefinitely Robert!

Ok, you're totally redeemed since I HEART Robert Redford. He's my future husband (shut up, I know he's in his 70's and I DON'T CARE).

I'm so glad you stopped by and shared Lifeline Echoes with us. Kay has graciously offered a PDF copy to one lucky poster. This is a MUST READ. It's already getting rave reviews. Here are the buy links:



Book Blurb:

Voices form a powerful connection. The day the earth rocked LA, Sandy Wheaton became a voice lifeline over the radio for trapped firefighter, "Mick." Less than twenty four hours later, she had fallen in love with him. Shattered when she learned that rescue came too late, she sought solace Wyoming, the home state he had loved. Now, seven years later, she's made a life there as the owner of a popular local bar. But her wounds are still fresh, and she longs to let go of the past and her lost love so she can begin living again. That opportunity presents itself when the local prodigal son returns home. The attraction between them is instant. It feels like she's known him far longer than just a few days.
Sixteen years ago, Ryan McGee left home in the midst of controversy. After living through a harrowing trauma, he finally returns home when his family needs his help through some troubling times. All he wants to do is make amends with those he hurt most and to get back to the life he'd never wanted to leave in the first place. When he meets the sexy bartender, he starts thinking interms of forever. But there's still someone out there he wants to find, someone who once believed in him and gave him hope.

 
Kay Springsteen grew up in Michigan but transplanted to the south about 10 years ago and now resides in the shadow of the Blue Ridge Mountains in Virginia with her five small dogs. Two of her four children live nearby, a married son who has a daughter of his own, and one of her twins. The other twin lives just outside of USMC Camp Lejeune in North Carolina. Her oldest daughter still resides in Michigan. When she's not writing, she is transcribing and editing medical reports. Besides being an avid reader, hobbies include photography, gardening, hiking and camping, and of course spending time with her terrific G-baby. She is a firm believer in happily ever after endings and believes there is one out there for everyone; it just may not be exactly what you expect or think you want. Check Kay out on her BLOG ~ Facebook ~ Twitter


 

4 comments:

  1. Wow, love that blurb! Sounds like a wonderful book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you on promotion. It's so hard. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the title, but hope LA is NOT rocked!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well being a California native have been in lots of the earthquakes. Thank goodness missed the bigest ones because I managed to move from southern to northern at the right times. However, do now wish for one anytime soon...

    Okay I loved your first book so really I just cant wait to dig into this one. Wanted to really wish you good luck and say congradulations....

    ReplyDelete