Saturday, May 14, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday

Happy Six Sentence Sunday all!! Time to see snippets from the wonderful stories of some amazing authors.

Also time to see what happened at my parents' wedding. Last week they dealt with a train going by while my father said "What?"

Let's see what happens next in The Ballad of Brenda and Willard, based on a true urban legend - my parents' wedding. 

“And do you, Brenda, take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband.To have and to hold from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death you do part?”
“I-I-I do.”
“By the powers vested in me, I know pronounce you man and wife; you may kiss the bride.”
Willard placed a light kiss on her lips, but she barely noticed, still too stunned by the fact that she’d just gotten married. Hadn’t she?

He he. I never get tired of this story. No matter how many times I hear it. And trust me, over the years, that's been a lot:) Hope you enjoyed it, and don't forget that all proceeds from the sell of Matrimonial Mahem goes to benefit the victims of the deadly tornadoes in the south. So click on the title and for $5 get six great stories and help a worthy cause.

Now, go see what everyone else cooked up for Six Sentence Sunday.

~Kim

9 comments:

  1. LOL - good six! Can't wait to read Mayhem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. Yes, getting married can shake you down to your boots! Fun snippet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice six! I've already bought my copy and can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If that was the third try, she'd just gotten married, lol. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice six! It's funny how a moment like that can feel so surreal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this is great. I can see why this story has been repeated many times over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good six! Thanks for the read.

    All my best,
    Allure

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the six. Saw it. Bought it. Haven't read it. Will read it. All the stories that is

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great six. My internal editor caught an error where know is supposed to be now. I now pronounce you man and wife. Sorry, I don't have an off switch and I hate it.

    ReplyDelete